I adapted this recipe from one I saw a couple of years ago on Crockpot Recipe Exchange. It was easy to mix the ingredients and let them cook in the slow cooker for about 2-½ hours. The result was delicious – cheesy with a lot of chicken and a delicious flavor. I used the coriander chutney and didn’t need any additional seasonings. You might want to taste and add salt, pepper or some kind of hot sauce. I used this as an entree and it made a nice lunch for three people with leftovers for supper.
CHICKEN AND CHEESE DIP
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese. cubed
- 3 cups (12 oz.) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.1 ounce can of diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced and sautéed just until tender
- 2 Tblsp. dried minced onion
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1-½ Tblsp. Coriander Chutney or 4 oz. can of diced green chiles
NOTE: STIR EVERY 30 MINUTES TO BE SURE THE CHEESE IS MELTING.