This is a tasty, easy casserole that combines chicken with apples and onions. The recipe is adapted from a cookbook called St. Louis Souvenirs.
EASY CURRIED CHICKEN WITH APPLES
- 1 medium tart apple, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2-3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 chicken breast halves, roasted and cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 cups cooked and seasoned rice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Saute apple and onion slices in olive oil in a large skillet until apple and onion are tender.
In a small bowl mix together the soup, evaporated milk and curry powder. Mix together with the apple/onion slices.
Place cooked chicken in a large casserole dish and add apple/onion mixture, mixing well.
Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until mixture is heated through and bubbling.
Serve over cooked rice and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Yield: 4 servings