I adapted this recipe from one I found on Allrecipes.com and it made a very tasty, satisfying lunch.
CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN BURRITO CASSEROLE
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 Tblsp. jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed & drained, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 (8″) flour tortillas
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 cup grated cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 1 Tblsp. snipped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Oil or spray a large baking dish
In a large skillet, heat oil and saute bell pepper and onion slices until tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, remove from heat. On top of the vegetables, layer the thawed corn kernels, jalapeno pepper and shredded chicken.
Use a food processor or the back of a wooden spoon to mash half of the drained and rinsed beans. Add these beans and the remaining reserved beans to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add sour cream and mix to blend.
Place 1/6 of the chicken mixture down the center of a tortilla.
Fold tops and sides and place seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
Repeat with remaining five tortillas and mixture.
Spread the salsa over the top of the tortillas in the dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake covered @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven – sprinkle with snipped cilantro and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings