A few weeks ago when I posted a tuna wrap recipe, one of my blogger friends said she didn’t like tuna but wondered how something like deviled ham would work. That reminded me of a great ham salad recipe I found on Kelli’s Retro Kitchen and I put this wrap together using some good flavored leftover ham. I really enjoyed this lunch dish and thank both Susan and Kelli for the inspiration.
HAM SALAD WRAPS
- 1-½ cups diced ham (leftover Honey Baked Ham)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tblsp. cream cheese
- 1-½ Tblsp. chopped pickle (used my homemade sweet/sour pickles)
- Scant ¼ tsp each garlic powder, cumin and smoked paprika
Pulse everything in food processor for slightly chunky consistency – don’t make puree.
- 4 burrito flour wraps (8 inches dia.)
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1 long cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly*
To assemble the wraps:
Heat wraps in microwave for 8-10 seconds and place a wrap on each of four plates. Place a piece of lettuce on each wrap and spread ¼ of the ham salad down the center. Top with cucumber slices ….
Roll from one side and place seam-side down on plate.
Cut each wrap on the diagonal into three portions.
Serve with additional cucumber slices.