This dish for supper incorporated mushrooms and broccoli which needed to be used, roasted chicken breast which I always have in the freezer, and some tasty Asian condiments. I added the dried cranberries and walnuts for extra crunch and color. A very tasty and satisfying meal.
TERIYAKI CHICKEN, VEGETABLES AND RICE
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed fork tender
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- Dash or two of Mongolian Fire Oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tblsp. dried cranberries
- 2 Tblsp. chopped walnuts
- 4 servings of cooked rice
In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the onion slices over medium heat until translucent.
Add mushroom slices and cook until mushrooms start to soften. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook until mixture is hot and serve over cooked rice with a sprinkle of cranberries and walnuts on top.